Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Gotta Start Somewhere...


To me, there is nothing scarier than leaving the hospital with a brand new human. You are sent out into the world to help this tiny being thrive and grow…and for you to stay sane in the process. Every need is up to you to decipher and fulfill. While inexplicably rewarding, it is the most challenging job in the world. 

There are many myths and pressures of motherhood. Tons of standards we, as mothers, feel we need to live up to. I am here to spread the truth. Hopefully, it will allow you to breathe a sigh of relief. We are all human.  Not everyone can feed, bathe and dress the baby, while cooking meals, cleaning the house, doing Pinterest crafts, Bento lunches, and manage to preserve your own identity and sanity. I’ve come to terms with the fact that it’s just not going to happen, for me. Are the boys dressed, fed and relatively clean? Am I? Score. It’s going to be a banner day.

 
I am the mother of two young boys. Mason is 2 ½ and Sebastian will be 1 on Thursday. Talk about busy. Somehow, I manage to get it all done…or at least to a level of somewhat satisfied. (I’ve heard boys are busier than girls. Kudos on the lack of Y-chromosomes, mothers of girls!) 

I’m not going to win ‘Mother of the Year’ anytime soon, but I’m certainly going to have fun trying.

Welcome to The MOMster Chronicles.

-A

Mason & Sebastian

3 comments:

  1. As far as responsibilities go, I have a cat, and that´s all. Well, I do have a boyfriend.. but he is usually alright when he is alone. Point is, I still feel overwhelmed. So, after reading the intro, I am already nominating you for " Woman of the the Year".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it truly remarkable to see you and some other mothers in our class. I find it hard to keep up with it all sometimes and I only have myself to take care of, so I truly respect each of you very much. I look forward to reading about you and your family because as far as I know, you make damn cute kids. Good luck Asta!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an incredible woman. I don't know how you juggle everything and stay sane in the process. I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey through motherhood.

    ReplyDelete