Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

Family Photography


Sebastian - 5 days old
Looking at photos from my childhood always springs great memories. I try to preserve moments for my boys as well, which is hard when they move so fast! Since I am no professional, I made sure to ask one to do so.  Since Mason was 11 days old, we have been getting photos done every 3 months. From regular studio shoots to on location, each proposes their fair share of issues. We found a great photographer who we trust, and the boys like. That is always a key factor. Joel of Joel Smith Photography has the patience to wait for the moments that count. He has done all of our photos since our wedding. Check  him out!
Mason - 11 days old
Mason - 3 months old










When Mason was young, it was simple. He didn’t crawl until 10 months, making some of these shots possible.

Sebastian crawled at 5 months and walked at 10…so his photos are much more candid, just to show we did it.
Sebastian - 6 months old

I felt it was and is very important to continue these packages once Sebastian was born.  As the second born myself, there are tons more photos of my older sister. And I get it. There is more time. Each of her firsts was a first for my parents too. Once I came around, it was old hat. Our photos were more like this.

Jenn and I - 1986
It’s a good idea to look up photo ideas before you get some done. This goes for any kind of shoot, but I did this before Mason’s newborn photos since I had no idea what to expect. Babycenter has a great list of  50 amazing newborn photos you should take a peek!

I know I said earlier to put down the devices and engage…but make sure they can relive those moments with you through photos or videos.

-A

10 comments:

  1. I think getting photos of your kids done every 3 months is an amazing idea! Your boys Mason and Sebastian are absolutely adorable but the pictures that you had done are beautiful! I think your blog is wonderful and really shows how much you love being a mother. I plan on having tons of pictures of my kids (one day) all throughout the house. I think photography is incredible and being able to capture memories are so special. I loved this post Asta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your kids are just the cutest and I can't get enough of your instagram posts of them. I love how you get professional photos of them done every 3 months - I think that is a great idea! I don't have have kids of my own yet and don't plan to have them for quite a bit, but I am baby crazy haha... I love seeing baby pictures!
    Oh! and I also really really LOVE the title of your blog "MOMster Chronicles" so cute! (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep taking your pictures. kids grow up so fast and the time will pass in a heartbeat. I never get tired of looking at the pictures of my sons even though they are in their 20's now, everytime I see a picture of them as babies or toddlers or school kids, I think of how grateful to have such wonderful memories. It is no wonder when there is a house fire people take their photo albums out with them as one of their most precious belongings. Memories on paper!!!!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! No better way to capture a moment in time then with a photo. Your sons are so handsome and these pictures you shared are just perfect. Thanks for sharing your link to the photographer. Its always so important to have a great photographer that makes you feel comfortable. Keep the great pictures and post coming. I am really enjoying your blog.
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I have to say that these pictures are so adorable and very well done. Taking pictures of your kids every few months is a great idea since they grow up so fast. Thanks for sharing the link to the photographer and great job on the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boys are adorable and those pictures are great. I don't have any children of my own yet but your blog has offered a lot of insight into the world of parenting. I don't know how you do it. You are definitely an inspiration. Great blog Asta!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are such hipsters: playing instruments before it's cool to walk, or be toilet trained. I'm jealous. I only hope my kids are as cool as yours!

    Great stuff, Asta!

    -J-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your adorable family pictures and your choice of photographers. I love the idea of not only having personal photos for your child to see, but professional ones as well. It adds a little something to a scrapbook or photo album to see them in a setting that's not an everyday experience for them.

    Awesome post, Asta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asta I love this post. The photos you have included, along with those that you instagram are adorable. I think one day your sons are going to be grateful that they have such beautiful photos to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have loved seeing the pictures of you boys on Facebook and Instagram.Pictures are the best way to share memories with others, so I am glad you touched on this for your blog. Great job Asta!

    ReplyDelete