Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Boy vs Girl: One vs Two vs Three


As a mom of two boys, the two questions I am asked the most often are:
When are you going to have another baby?
or
Are you going to try for a girl?

Via Momtastic
The truth is…some days I want another baby, other days I have more than I can handle with these two! My response:
“It depends who you ask.”

Hubby isn’t so ‘on-board’ with having another. With time, money and the future pending, he is afraid to take on too much, and rightfully so. I have been on the fence. I love my boys with all my heart, but do occasionally wish I had a little girl of my own. Not to model her after me -or some narcissistic reason like that - but more because the relationship I have with my mother. It’s special. It’s something I can’t imagine sharing with a boy. Who knows. I could be wrong. And I hope I am.

When struggling with whether or not I want another, and how I may feel if it would be another boy, I found a great piece on it from scarymommy.com

For the women who are sick of the usual milestone questions:
  • When are you getting married?
  • When are you going to have a baby?    
  • When are you going to have another baby?
Know that we are all right there with you. To those who pose those questions…let’s back off a little ok? We’re busy living our lives here.

-A


4 comments:

  1. As the mother of two sons, I can appreciate your desire for a girl to have that special relationship with. I still wish I had a daughter, even though I love my sons to death. I can always look forward to daughtersinlaws and hopefully someday a grand daughter. The best advice is to love your boys to bits, enjoy them every chance you can and live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Wendy! I'm thankful for my niece. I get to spoil her as I please :)

      Delete
  2. I could not agree more with the "back off" comment. Although I'm not asked the "baby" question yet, I do get the "are you getting married soon?" and it's so annoying! Also, thanks for the advice, you never know if questions about future babies are ok or not, good to know these things. Thanks Asta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your milestone comment, and I have to agree with Laura. These questions are typically posed to women because the assumption is that marriage and babies are our number one concern. It's important to know that there are other people out there who are on the receiving end of the same pressures.

    ReplyDelete